The Iona Wool X Fernweh collaboration emerged out of shared values - a love of authentic, quality materials rich in story and heritage, timeless thoughtful design and craft expertise.
The Field bag is made from Iona Wool Tweed and high quality Scottish waxed canvas, lined with durable striped ticking cloth and has an adjustable oak bark tanned leather crossbody strap. The bag is hand crafted in Scotland.
- Herringbone Silver/Lichen Iona Wool Tweed - made from single origin Iona yarn, woven at Ardalanish, a wind powered micro mill on neighbouring Mull.
- Ochre and grey quality Scottish waxed cotton canvas (front), ochre (back)
- Ticking cloth lining
- Oak bark tanned leather straps in dark brown
- Solid brass roller buckle
- Antique brass rivets
- Antique brass snap button
- Antique brass YKK zip
- Two internal and two external open pockets
- Vegetable tanned leather label
Approx: 27cm (H), 24cm (W at top), 17cm (W at base), 11cm (D)
Strap length: 115cm - 138cm
Use a soft brush and damp cloth to wipe away excess dirt. Re-wax the canvas every 6 - 12 months to restore waxed cotton to best condition and maintain water resistance. The waxed cotton patina may change over time adding to the character of the bag and making each one truly unique.